A Musical Immersion into the Mystical Himalayas
- Delightful setting of the mighty Himalayas in Nepal - 4816 feet above the sea level
- Most refreshing air and the stunning views of the Annapurna-Macchapuchre-Dhaulagiri mountain ranges
- The company of great musicians, Yogis, and Divine Souls.
YES, IT IS HAPPENING!
Music+ is all set to guide and facilitate another music and yoga retreat in the far-reaching Himalayan range which spreads into thousands of miles, and holds within it an exceptionally diverse ecology!
After successfully conducting an intense and rejoicing retreat in the foothills of the Himalayas in Almora (India) last year in October (https://goo.gl/w9eYS1), the Music+ team is all geared up for an even more overwhelming and nourishing experience up in the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal.
Sudhanshu Sharma – an internationally respected Indian Classical Musician and Vocal Teacher and Chetana Meehan, a leading practitioner of Yoga and meditation, along with their team of dedicated and talented musicians are going to take you yet again through a deep immersion into Nāda Yoga – the Yoga of sound.
This 10 glorious days Retreat based on the inherent power of sound and voice will be a lifetime experience towards the discovery of a new ‘YOU’.
We welcome you onboard if you are:
- A vocalist seeking to dive deep into the nuances and know-hows of Hindustani Vocal music
- A Raga/Music enthusiast who wants to understand and know more about the vast and juicy world of the Indian Ragas
- A sound healer/practitioner who wants to soak-in into and incorporate the therapeutic sounds inherent in Indian Classical music
- A Yoga Teacher/Therapist wanting to supplement your practices with the ancient Indian metaphysical system of Nāda Yoga – The Yoga of Sound
- A Kīrtan Artist/Singer/stage performer who wishes to become technically sound and soulfully connected with the Music
- A seeker/traveler willing to discover and re-discover your voice and ‘yourself’
Our focus for 10 glorious days and 11 nights of fun-filled musical activity shall include:
- Learning to discover and explore our voice and its possibilities under a nurturing and supportive guidance
- Yogasanas – to accomplish the ideal balance of Mind, Body, and Soul
- Understanding the vocal dynamics of Tibetan Chanting to build up a sound vocal practice regime
- Setting up a well-defined curriculum for practice and workouts in order to create an ideal vocal health
- Cosmic sound activations – Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha and Ni – the seven primary notes of Indian Music
- Nāda Yoga – Meditation through sound for Toning up the voice
- Working on vocal movements of Indian Music – Gamaks, Tāns, Alankārs, to improve flexibility of the singing voice
- Basics and in-depth study of Indian Classical Music and Rāga Music
- Mantra Chanting and Kīrtan Singing
- Exploring the soundscapes of the Rāgas and their correlation to the physical elements of nature
- Singing morning Rāgas with the rising sun over the snow crest peaks and singing the night melodies along with the humming of crickets in the forest
- Excursion Trips – Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu– The world famous temple of Lord Shiva who’s existence dates back to 400 B.C
- Boudhanath, Kathmandu – The Buddhist Stupa which dates back to the fifth century
- Village Treks near the Annapurna-Dhaulagiri ranges and nature walks in the village of Ashtam near Pokhara
Mystique Highland Resort, Astahm
Your home for 8 Musical days and Nights
The village of Astahm, located approximately 20 km North-west of the town of Pokhara offers a spectacular view of the Annapurna-Machhapuchre-Dhaulagiri Mountain ranges. The snow covered peaks are seen shimmering above the green landscapes of dense natural forests.
It is here that you will traverse on a journey of re-discovering your magical voice, your Himalayan voice! It is here that you will rejoice, rejuvenate and relax.
The accommodation is simple and basic – the kind that is perfectly suited for the Sound Yogis. You will be housed in Single or Twin-Sharing rooms (as per your preference) whose windows face towards the snowy mountains and the gleaming green hills.
The food will be organic, simple, healthy and delicious!
The Nepali chefs shall prepare exotic vegetarian dishes to give you one of the most remarkable culinary experiences.
The staple diet for Lunch/dinner would be the simple Dal-Bhāt-Tarkāri – translated as Lentil soup-Rice-curried vegetable. Apart from that you will be enjoying other foods of Tibetan, Indian and Thai origins.
Fresh fruits from the Himalayan foothills and yoghurt mixed drinks will keep you refreshed throughout the day.
The Joys & Pleasures
- The sheer joy of being able to accomplish that song, that Rāga, that musical phrase/idea you have been holding close to your heart since long.
- To be able to manifest and engulf yourself in the powers of your own voice, hitherto unknown and undiscovered.
- To be in the rejuvenating, soothing and pristine surrounding of the Himalayas is such bliss and a dream-come-true.
- To have an undisturbed, unabated, intense and rewarding musical practice (rarely practiced nowadays).
- No phone calls, no emails to respond to, nothing but 10 glorious days of Music and Bliss!
- The retreat becomes a lovely exchange platform of cultures, tradition, ideas and perspectives with folks coming in from varied territories and different walks of life.
- Last, but not the least, those wonderful connections and friendships you will make with like-minded people from all over the world.
What the experience will give you...
This musical immersion in the Himalayas will definitely turn out to be a worthy decision for you!
After the retreat, you will be able to...
- Channelize your breadth the right way, thus helping you cope with stress and anxiety
- Dive deeper into the nuances and know-hows of Hindustani Vocal music
- Understand the Basic Raga Music and its vast expansions
- Blissfully blend the therapeutic sounds inherent in Indian Classical music into your day-to-day lives
- Supplement your Yoga practices with the Ancient Indian metaphysical system of Nāda Yoga – The Yoga of Sound
- Be technically sound and soulfully connected with the musical notes
- Learn different mantras and kirtans
- Find the balance between mind, body and soul through Yoga and Meditation practices
- Discover and re-discover your voice and ‘yourself’
Inclusions & Pricing
THE RETREAT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on 16th and 17th October
- Excursion trips to Pashupatinath and Boudhnath Temples in Kathmandu on 17th October
- Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and return (for those who wish to travel by themselves have to inform us in advance, their expenses will be deducted)
- Taxi fare from Pokhara airport to Astahm and return
- 8 nights’ accommodation at the Mystique Highland Resort, Astahm, Pokhara ~ twin share/single rooms available (see pricing below)
- Delicious vegetarian food at the resort (buffet meals): from Dinner on day 1 to Breakfast on day 9.
- Free drinks table (herbal & Indian teas, coffee and water)
- Fresh fruits
- Entry fees to temples and sites visited
- All Music, Yoga and Meditation classes: Raga Music, Cosmic Sound Activations, Yoga Postures, Meditation Practices.
THE RETREAT DOES NOT COVER:
- Your international round-trip flights
- Nepal Visa
- Pre and Post retreat accommodation
- Beverages(personal orders), laundry, incidentals, additional services, personal phone calls or other activities not already mentioned
- Souvenirs and shopping sprees
- Tips for drivers (when not on group-arranged transportation), porters, housekeeping, resort and restaurant staff
- Travel Insurance including, medical, loss and trip cancellation or interruption insurance (which is a requirement to attend the retreat)
- Airport transfer from Pokhara airport to Astam - the retreat’s venue if you arrive a day or two early
- Medical Supplies (a basic first aid kit would be available)
Music Retreat Pricing
- Twin Share: USD $1447 plus 8% VAT
- Single Supplement: USD $1647 plus 8% VAT
NOTE: Separate pricing options are available for Indian students. Please e-mail to know more.
Any cancellations made up to 31st July 2018 will result in a loss of the non-refundable deposit of $650. Any cancellation made between 1st August and 15 October 2018 or no shows will result in a total loss of funds. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if it is not meeting the trip minimum (if we do your money will be refunded in full). If you wish to cancel your reservation, it must be done in writing or via email and the cancellation will be effective as of the date MUSIC+ Retreats receives it. Trip cancellation insurance is always recommended whenever making travel plans.